Sheffield University Freshers' Move In Weekend – In Pictures

Moving in to uni halls can be a hectic experience but this year brought its extra challenges. All masked up, you were only allowed one family member to help you move into your halls; unloading as quickly as possible to allow the next laden car to squeeze in and proceed to socially distance. With each wave of fresher arrivals, student ambassadors disinfected common touch points. New students were welcomed with liquid soap – refillable for free at the Edge. Customer services was busy as the impacts of the pandemic on usual operations became clear when students and parents reported no shower curtains, dirty rooms and a flat full of belongings from previous show-flat use – these mishaps had to be quickly resolved.
Here is this year’s freshers’ move-in week – in pictures:

General Election 2024: Sheffield’s results

Labour won all six of Sheffield’s parliamentary constituencies at Thursday’s general election, on the way to a landslide victory across the country.  Marie Tidball won...

Only 45% of Arts & Theatre MPs returned to new Parliament

Last week’s General Election resulted in 55% of the former Parliament’s MPs with Arts & Theatre experience not return for the new session. Through...

Book Review: Empress of the World ~ Sara Ryan

Looking across the room at someone you’ve never seen before but feeling the world go silent around you as you’re drawn into this beautiful...

General Election 2024 ~ The Results: Live

Welcome to Forge Press Arts & Theatre’s live coverage of the 2024 General Election Result, with Arts & Theatre Editor Sophie Layton (she/her). We...

Juno Dawson to speak at Juno Books

International bestselling author Juno Dawson will visit the LGBTQ+ bookshop Juno Books next month. The queer author, who has written bestsellers such as Clean...

Book Review: The Bee Sting ~ Paul Murray

I was convinced to buy The Bee Sting by a cashier at Waterstones. It had just been published in paperback at the beginning of...

General Election 2024: Sheffield Candidate Spotlights

Over the last few weeks, the Forge Press news team have been hard at work interviewing candidates, and offering them a chance to put...