Coronavirus: fall in new cases for second day running

According to the latest figures published by the University of Sheffield, numbers of new student cases have fallen for the second day in a row.
In the last seven days, Monday peaked as having the most reported cases with 109 students having tested positive. On Tuesday there were 79 new cases reported and 71 on Wednesday.
This takes the University to a total of 617 positive student cases in the last seven days.
Monday and Tuesday each saw one new positive case amongst staff members, and there were no new positive cases from staff on Wednesday.
Today was the last day of face-to-face teaching after the decision on Tuesday to move all teaching online for one week. Currently, teaching is expected to resume on Monday 19 October.
The University website states: “Students have told us about the benefits of face-to-face teaching and we believe it is the best method for learning together on campus. We will be working hard to resume these activities as soon as possible, while still keeping footfall and risk of infection to a minimum.”
The campus remains open for students to access the library providing they have a booking. The student union building, student support and cafes on campus remain open as well.

Sheffield Eagles falter in Championship play-off race

The Sheffield Eagles missed out on keeping hold of fourth place in the RFL Championship after a narrow defeat to play-off rivals York Knights at the Olympic Legacy Park Stadium.

In Conversation: Dizzy’s Sera Mustafa

With her Sheffield Theatres debut on the horizon, Sera Mustafa discusses 'DIZZY', touring schools & getting into theatre

PhotoSoc unveil 2024/25 Committee & Summer Competition

A new committee & a new competition for PhotoSoc as Freshers come to the Steel City

🔴 Sheffield Eagles v York Knights: LIVE updates from the RFL Championship

Follow along with live updates from the OLP Stadium as Sheffield Eagles host York Knights in the RFL Championship.

SUTCo & SUPAS open auditions for upcoming shows

The groups have announced audition details for all five of their upcoming productions

Exhibition Review: Examining the Eye

A creative exploration of how we see the world that can occasionally become lost in the miasma of medical jargon

English Society announce 2024/25 committee

The departmental society names their leadership ahead of Freshers Week