Tramlines Festival announces 2021 line-up

The first names have been announced for Tramlines 2021, with The Streets, Royal Blood, and Richard Ashcroft set to headline the festival.

More than 40 acts have been revealed, including noughties favourites The Kooks, indie pop quintet Blossoms, and rapper Dizzee Rascal.

After the weekend was postponed in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the festival is set to take place at Hillsborough Park from Friday 23 to Sunday 25 July.

Many people have retained their tickets from last year, however a limited number will go on sale on Friday 30 April.

Tramlines Festival Operations Director, Timm Cleasby said, “The pandemic has hit us all very hard in a million different ways but the support that Sheffield has already shown us is incredibly humbling for us all. 

“We’re super excited to bring you what I feel is one of our strongest line ups. The three main headliners have been on my list for a good while now and we’ve got some brilliant returning friends as well.

“All this said, we’re very serious about the public’s safety and take our responsibilities regarding COVID very seriously. We’re keeping a close eye on developments and will act accordingly should things change.”

Billed as Sheffield’s biggest city-based music festival, which sold out for the first time in 2019, Tramlines will be welcoming talent from its home city and across Yorkshire including The Sherlocks and Lucy Spraggan. 

This will be the third year it returns to Hillsborough Park after starting out as a multi-venue festival in 2009, and will feature five stages of music, comedy, performance and art.

Organisers will be following the latest government guidance, and if told the festival is unable to go ahead, ticket holders will be able to retain their tickets for next year or receive a face value refund.

Limited weekend and day tickets will go on sale here from 12pm on Friday 30 April.

Image: Tramlines

General Election 2024: Sheffield’s results

Labour won all six of Sheffield’s parliamentary constituencies at Thursday’s general election, on the way to a landslide victory across the country.  Marie Tidball won...

Only 45% of Arts & Theatre MPs returned to new Parliament

Last week’s General Election resulted in 55% of the former Parliament’s MPs with Arts & Theatre experience not return for the new session. Through...

Book Review: Empress of the World ~ Sara Ryan

Looking across the room at someone you’ve never seen before but feeling the world go silent around you as you’re drawn into this beautiful...

General Election 2024 ~ The Results: Live

Welcome to Forge Press Arts & Theatre’s live coverage of the 2024 General Election Result, with Arts & Theatre Editor Sophie Layton (she/her). We...

Juno Dawson to speak at Juno Books

International bestselling author Juno Dawson will visit the LGBTQ+ bookshop Juno Books next month. The queer author, who has written bestsellers such as Clean...