Voting for Part Time SU Officers opens

Voting has opened to elect Sheffield Student Union’s first ever Part Time Officers.

Students are able to vote for the six Officers who will be working part-time alongside the seven full-time Officers who were elected in March.

The Part Time Officer roles were formed to help ensure the voices and interests of students who are underrepresented on campus are heard and acted upon.

Those elected will lead on the development of inclusion and accessibility for the students they represent and campaign to create a university environment free from discrimination.

A total of 44 candidates are running for the roles, which are: Women Student Officer, BME Student Officer, LGBT+ Student Officer, Disabled Student Officer, Mature Student Officer and Postgraduate Student Officer.

Current students who self-identify as being a member of the group represented by a position will be eligible to vote in that election.

To read the candidates’ manifestos and to vote, click here.

Voting closes at 5pm on Wednesday 19 May.

Image: Rebekah Lowri

Sheffield United Women disappoint in defeat to Bristol City

Sheffield United slipped to a seventh consecutive league defeat after being outclassed by Bristol City at Bramall Lane.

Unveiling the Untold: Asian Literature Feature

Taking a deep dive into the rich world of Asian literature, we look at some of the best of these stories, & their writers

Rak-Sakyi nets twice as Sheffield United continue unbeaten start against Luton Town

Sheffield United continued their unbeaten start to the EFL Championship season with a comfortable win over Luton Town on Saturday.

🔴 Sheffield United Women vs Bristol City: LIVE updates from the FA WSL 2

Follow along with live updates from Hillsborough as Sheffield Wednesday host West Bromwich Albion in the EFL Championship.

Margaret Beaufort: Kingmaker unveils 7 SUTCo debuts in cast

Composed of returning faces & new students, Margaret Beaufort: Kingmaker is the first semester one show to announce its cast

African Film Stars to lead Sheffield Theatres’ & Utopia Production

Stars of African media lead the 26-person cast of 'Death and the King's Horseman', the first staging in Sheffield in its history

Comedy Review: Myra Dubois ~ Be Well

Eccentric & fabulous, Myra Dubois' comedy stand-up show is brilliantly comedic gold