Report: Owls lose 3-0 in a disappointing trip to Plymouth

Sheffield Wednesday visited Home Park to take on Plymouth Argyle on Saturday 11th September. The Owls had hoped to continue their promising start to the season, but the match ended in disappointment after the team conceded three goals. 

Joe Edwards scored in the seventh minute to give Plymouth an early lead and Dan Scarr seemed to confirm the team’s victory with another goal just before the second half ended. 

Their two-one lead at half-time could have easily been three as Jordan Houghton narrowly missed out on a goal.

Darren Moore tried to bring Wednesday back into the competition by subbing Olamide Shodipo, Sadio Berahino, and Theo Corbeanu in the second half.

Unfortunately, these changes were not enough for the Owls to pull back on the damage that had already been done in the first half.

While throughout the match Sheffield Wednesday enjoyed 62% of the possession, a third goal from Ryan Law meant that the Owls had lost any chance of taking a point from this game.

Despite the disappointment, Bailey Peacock-Farrell deserves a lot of credit for his saves. He managed to keep out some promising shots from both Ryan Hardie and Panutche Camara in the second half.

Sheffield Wednesday now find themselves twelfth in the EFL League One table. 

The Owls will need to work on their attacking methods in future if they want to learn from the mistakes made at Home Park. The squad face Shrewsbury Town at Hillsborough Stadium on Saturday 18th September for their next league match. Fans will be hoping that the home advantage will bring better luck to Darren Moore’s team. 

Ways to make the most of the sun this summer

The short, dark days are over and as the summer sun creeps into Sheffield, I thought it was about time we talked about all...

SUTCo reveals 2 original scripts in semester 1 programme

The Sheffield University Theatre Company (SUTCo) have revealed their semester 1 programme for the 2024/25 academic year. The group, which aim to put on...