Walkers raise £1000 for hospice

Charity walkers have raised over £1000 for Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice in memory of a teen family member who died after a year fighting a brain tumour.

On Thursday 26 August the Cranfield family hiked from the Lock Keeper in Worksop to Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice in North Anston to raise money for the hospice.

The family decided to organise the walk in memory of their family member ‘Lewis’ who would have turned 18 last month.

Lewis received palliative care from Bluebell Wood before he sadly passed away in 2017, after a year of aggressive treatment.

His family organised the event to raise money for the hospice to help more families with the same care and support they received during such a difficult time.

In addition to the walk there was also a litter pick to help fundraise for the hospice.

So far a total of £1012 has been raised for the hospice by nearly 60 supporters.

You can still donate to the fundraiser at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/carol-dixon4?fbclid=IwAR3035KQV_FhtogzTGi0CFYcV7c9ShwqnjjoAfJg0IerdHfoq_rT5EfU6tk

Exhibition Review: Examining the Eye

A creative exploration of how we see the world that can occasionally become lost in the miasma of medical jargon

English Society announce 2024/25 committee

The departmental society names their leadership ahead of Freshers Week

Book Review: Political Tribes ~ Amy Chua

As divisions become baked into society, how do we begin to get past it?

Lib Dems name new Culture Spokesperson in seismic reshuffle

New MP Max Wilkinson has replaced veteran MP Jamie Stone as Culture Spokesperson, with half of 2019 Lib Dems losing their portfolios

Opinion: How far is too far?

God you just can’t say anything anymore...

Exhibition Review: Recasting Canova

The gift for defeating Europe's shortest military legend fails to reach the heights of other Crawford collections

Sheffield Steelers make history on the European stage

The Sheffield Steelers are expertly representing the UK in the Champions Hockey League with three wins on the bounce for the first time ever.