Sarah Nulty Power of Music Foundation to host launch party at Church – Temple of Fun

The Sarah Nulty Power of Music Foundation is hosting its official launch party with an art auction at Church – Temple of Fun on Thursday 21st October.

The event, being fronted by the Everly Pregnant Brothers’ Big Shaun as auctioneer and DJ Jo Asbo, is the first official event for the foundation post-pandemic and serves as an opportunity to remember Sarah, as well as raise money that will go towards helping more people across Sheffield experience the transformative power of music.

The Power of Music Foundation already works with music groups within the city, supplying grants that fund music classes in community groups and school as well as allow these groups to buy instruments.

With over 40,000 children living in poverty in Sheffield and over 103,000 people having a long-term health condition or disability, the Foundation’s work enables those to develop their musical abilities who otherwise would be left alienated from the happiness and joy that music can bring.

The Foundation also support music projects that help asylum seekers and refugees, many of whom arrive in Sheffield, a City of Sanctuary, having been forced to flee their old lives. This work helps to combat isolation and create new communities.

The art auction has lots up for grabs include work by local artists: Bubba 2000, Mark Roberts, Matt Cockayne, Dave Mee, Farah O’Sheehan, Nat Illumine and Jo Asbo.

In the run up to the event, there is the opportunity to make early bids on some of the artworks. This is in conjunction with a raffle with some amazing prizes including VIP tickets to Tramlines 2022, the music event that now stands as a testament to Sarah Nulty’s dedication to the Sheffield music scene, as well as Be More Nulty t-shirts, signed by music legends such as Sheffield’s own Reverend and the Makers and the Everly Pregnant Brothers.

The event is currently available to RSVP on Facebook and raffle tickets are available at the Sarah Nulty Power of Music Foundation website.

Festival of Debate Review: Human Flourishing – A Conceptual Analysis

You may have been told you or your skills are ‘flourishing’ by a lecturer, friend, teacher or even family member since being at university....

Hold tight before you swipe right: The casual hookup culture at University is out of hand.

TW: Mention of sexual assault. Casual sex at university in the UK is a huge cultural rite of passage...

The short, dark days are over and as the summer sun creeps into Sheffield, I thought it was about time we talked about all...