Who could have seen it coming? As if the Activision-Blizzard acquisition didn’t give Microsoft enough to play with, they’ve only gone and put in an offer for Nintendo!

Nintendo are fundamental to the gaming landscape, but we all know how deep King Phil’s pockets are – it seems like he’ll be summoning enough cash from Microsoft’s own magic money tree once again.

As revealed in this world-exclusive interview, Xbox are offering to pay near to $500bn for the Japanese video game company whose net worth is valued at approximately $67bn.

Microsoft CEO, Phil Spencer, said in an exclusive interview with Forge Games: “I just figured, lets do it – let’s create the gaming equivalent of Big Brother. So we’re starting small, with Nintendo, and hoping that next we can take on Amazon.”

Phil then went on to describe the many ways he could beat Jeff Bezos in a fistfight.

It’s understood that this is an acquisition designed to undercut Sony after their new PlayStation Plus announcements. 

Jim Ryan, President and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment contacted us to make clear his feelings via a whatsapp voice message. He said: “Wow, what can I say? I was not expecting this. First they took Spyro and now they’ll have Mario. What even is the point anymore?…”

Following this was a period of silence lasting around 1 minute as we wondered if he was still intending to speak, to which what can only be described as intense desk-chair shuffling and sniffles could be heard.

He continued: “Sony is committed to big gaming. Because of this, we’re going to be announcing a new partnership with Atari. Yes you heard that right, we’re bringing in the granddaddy of gaming itself. And you wanna know what? E.T. … yeah that’s f****** right we’re bringing E.T. back and will be digging up all the lost copies in Nevada to make sure we keep it true to the original.

“Expect a battle royale with spaceships and s*** as well”.

Jim Ryan has ceased to reply with further comment and seemingly now changed his number.

The future of gaming is very exciting indeed.