Whilst the exciting times of the transfer window are far from over, Sheffield United have already been an active participant in the market as they look to bolster their squad for the upcoming season.

The Blades who were relegated from the Premier League in 2021, enjoyed a solid season back in the Championship last year securing a playoff position before being beat by eventual winners Nottingham Forrest.

Whilst last season was full of positives, Paul Heckingbottom will want to ensure the overall quality of the squad isn’t dropping as the club’s aim must surely be to achieve promotion back to the English top flight.

Sheffield United have already lost personnel in the attacking department after loanee star Morgan Gibbs-White returned to his parent club Wolves after a stellar campaign for the Blades. Attackers in the form of Oliver Burke, David McGoldrick, Luke Freeman and Lys Mousset have also all left the club on free transfers which haven’t aided the club financially.

In terms of arrivals, the club have brought in promising Bosnian international centre-back, Anel Ahmedhodzic for a fee of £5m. At 23, he will bring some much-needed youth to an ageing squad and hopefully become the successor for club hero Chris Basham.

To add to the centre-back position, 32-year-old Ciaran Clark has been brought in on a loan deal from Newcastle who will bring a level of Premier League experience and quality. The deal will also benefit Clark who has fallen down the pecking order at his parent club so the move should ensure him more game time.

The final deal that has been secured for the Blades is another loan deal, this time for Manchester City’s Tommy Doyle. The 20-year-old starlet spent last season on loan at Championship rival Cardiff City where he impressed albeit in limited game time. Doyle, who has caught the eye at City and England youth teams, will hope this loan move will be a good one for his development.

Despite bringing three new faces in the door, Paul Heckingbottom says he would still like ‘a couple more players’ but insists he ‘has to be careful’ with what’s left on his budget. He told the Sheffield Star: “In terms of what we’ve got to play with, the board has been clear. There will be no more finance.

“When we came out of the Premier League, the budget changed. It’s changed again this season. We won’t be throwing money at it. We have to be careful we get the right positions.”

As a result of this, United will most likely be operating in the loan market as they still have a few areas on the pitch that they need to improve upon.

Due to the Blades’ financial situation, transfer rumours have been few and far between but an ongoing rumour has been that of Rede Khadra.

Rede Khadra in action against the Blades last season. (CC: The Star)

The 21-year-old Brighton attacker was an exciting player whilst on loan at Blackburn Rovers last season racking up four goals and three assists as he operated across the frontline.

The German would certainly bring a level of creativity and attacking prowess to the club which is something they are begging for.

Image Credits: Google, Canva