Float Along Festival: Sheffield’s newest music festival

A new music festival is coming to the streets of Sheffield in September, with bands like Everything Everything and The Magic Gang set to appear.

Float Along Festival, which takes place on Saturday 24th September, promises to be a day of “mind blowing outsider pop and rock”, with bands from a range of genres, including indie, post-punk and psychedelica, playing. Along with the more established bands like Everything Everything, Katy J. Pearson, and The Magic Gang, the festival will also feature a few up-and-coming acts, such as newly-signed, indie-pop band Bored At My Grandmas House who will be playing at Record Junkee.

The festival will take place at multiple venues across the city, with bands performing at The Leadmill, Network, Record Junkee and Sidney&Matilda.

Aside from the tremendous musical talent on display, the Festival will also feature DJ sets, street food vendors and vintage clothing. As well as this, over at the Sidney&Matilda’s Yard Stage, you can go see Radio 6 DJ Steve Lamacq give a talk about his time at NME and as a radio presenter.

Students will be excited to hear that they get a 20% discount on tickets using the code Discount20. On the day of the festival, you will need to exchange your ticket for a wristband, and if you have made use of the student discount, you will need to ensure you have proof of your student status.

The musical acts will be performing from 12pm until 11pm, with set times to be revealed at a later date. DJ’s will be performing from 11pm until 2am.

Tickets are available here.

Murdle wins Book of the Year

Last night book-lovers across the UK watched this year’s edition of The British Book Awards unfold at Grosvenor House in London. These awards, which...

The flawed student loan system

The student loan system operates on assumptions, and what Student Finance labels you as can make or break your university experience. Students...

Exploring the far-flung paradise of Palawan, Philippines

As midnight approached on the 31st of December, I boarded my second flight heading to the Philippines. Swapping my scarf and mittens for sunglasses...

Book Review: SAS Rogue Heroes ~ Ben Macintyre

The Second World War was a tragedy that led to many of the things the modern world has today, including the United Nations and...