The nominees for this year’s WhatsOnStage Awards have been unveiled, with Guys & Dolls, Dear England, Cabaret and The Little Big Things all receiving a raft of nominations for the show, creatives and casts involved with bringing them to life!

Guys & Dolls has been nominated for a staggering 11 awards, including Best Direction, Best Set Design, Best Sound Design, as well as Best Performer and Supporting Performer in a Musical, for Marisha Wallace and Cedric Neal respectively. Currently playing at the Bridge Theatre, the musical has been the most nominated at this year’s awards and looks likely to pick up a large number, with almost every department nominated for one or another.

Guys & Dolls, currently playing at the Bridge Theatre. Image Credit: Variety

Close behind on 10 nominations is Dear England, the new play focusing on the England men’s football team and their struggle to achieve victory in major competitions in recent years. Like Guys & Dolls, this show has been widely nominated, including for Best Casting Direction, Best Video Design and Best New Play. This may be the first chance a team of England’s men win an award for their football efforts, but only time will tell!

Another show that has been widely recognised by this year’s nominations is Cabaret, currently starring Rebecca Lucy Taylor (Self Esteem) as Sally Bowles, who has been nominated for Best Takeover. However, she’s not the only one! Also nominated for the same award is Mason Alexander Park and Aimee Lou Wood, both also for their roles in Cabaret, meaning a battle within a show is upcoming, as well as between them. Cabaret has been nominated four times, with the final nomination for Best West End Show, up against the likes of SIX, Les Misérables, Moulin Rouge!, Back to the Future: The Musical and The Phantom of the Opera.

Cabaret, currently playing at the Kit Kat Club at the Playhouse Theatre. Image Credit: Monstagigz

Several other shows have been shown some love with their nominations, including Disney’s Newsies with four nominations including Best Choreography, The Little Big Things also on four including Best Performer in a Musical for Ed Larkin and Best Supporting Performer in a Musical for Amy Trigg, as well as this summer’s production of Miss Saigon at the Sheffield Crucible being nominated for Best Video Design.

This year has been a rollercoaster ride of theatrical talent in the West End and across the country, with theatrical talent aplenty showing off their skills for thousands of audiences! Make sure to vote in the WhatsOnStage Awards nomination page to make sure your favourites win!

The 24th Annual WhatsOnStage Award nominations can be found here, with voting open until January 11th. The WhatsOnStage Awards Concert will be held at The London Palladium on February 11th 2024

Amy Trigg, currently playing Agnes in The Little Big Things at @sohoplace. Image Credit: West End Theatre