As the Christmas season draws near and we all get ready to go home for the holidays, the Steel City Sirens wanted to be sure we all have something to remember them by when we’re far away from Sheffield. With a new show due and the nights drawing in, it was time for a showing of a Christmas tradition that might be slightly different to how you remember it…

Tits Actually was the Christmas show of the legendary Steel City Sirens, the University of Sheffield’s own burlesque society. Featuring returning favourites as well as first time performers, Tits Actually was a showcase packed with talent and comedy, and like all Steel City Sirens shows, was determined to turn up the heat on these cold nights. With returning host Rosie running the show, we were sure to be entertained!

This show, much like their last, Death Becomes Them, was a fantastically entertaining evening and delivered exactly what it was supposed to – and so much more! The quality of the performances seems to go up with every show they do! From every hair flick to hip thrust, the dancers put their everything into their pieces with such fabulous results coming out of it! With a dazzling Christmas fairy number to a surprise appearance of the Grinch in another, the Sirens’ take on a Christmas party was sure to leave everyone needing a walk in the snow to cool off after watching these performers sleigh (pun intended) yet again!

Rosie hosting another show of course meant we were in for a treat, and her ability to capture the entire audience in fits of laughter is simply unrivalled. And having performers appear from all around you in the audience throughout the show made this a truly immersive experience that is so deeply empowering. And who would have thought that a bake sale at a burlesque show would be such a winning combination!

Tits Actually was another smash hit from the Steel City Sirens, reminding us all how sexy each and every one of us can be when we know how to do it. This extravaganza of expression and self-appreciation should serve as a reminder to all people of just how talented the Sirens are, but also how stunning each and every one of us are!

Rating: ★★★★

Tits Actually was performed in Raynor Lounge at Bar One. For future shows from The Steel City Sirens, see @steelcitysirens on Instagram