Nothing says Christmas more than spending time with the family, wrapping presents and eating way too much food…except maybe drag queens? Christmas arriving means it is time for the return of the drag artists of the University of Sheffield, ready to slay another showcase.

The DragSoc Xmas Show saw a night of comedy, karaoke, lip syncs and everything in between, as we were treated to a full company of new and returning performers, including audience-favourites Duncan Disorderly and Polly Peptide. With a mix of queer anthems, Christmas classics and everything in between, the drag artists of the University of Sheffield put on a show we’re sure to remember for months to come!

I do love a DragSoc performance, and this one was a smash hit (as usual). The cast of new and returning performers left me in fits of laughter for the entire show and watching the range of performances (and performers) was so much fun. Despite the crowd being considerably less playful than normal crowds, the DragSoc Committee played this so well and by the end managed to get the crowd back to their usual selves. Presented by Polly Peptide, Duncan Disorderly, Taiga Bite and Prinx Queen, the crowd didn’t know what hit them!

The DragSoc Committee. From left to right – Polly Peptide, Duncan Disorderly, Taiga Bite & Prinx Queen. Image Credit: Polly Peptide, Duncan Disorderly, Taiga Bite & Prinx Queen

Every single performer, both new and returning, was fantastic, from individual to group numbers, and they all were simply the best that DragSoc has to offer. But my standout performance has to be Polly Peptide, who gave a killer performance in the first section, and playing the crowd the entire time. I was laughing non-stop when they were on stage with dirty innuendos or offering people out “for a scrap” (Geordies for the win!) and I always look forward to a Polly Peptide performance, and her Christmas offering was simply a gift to everyone who got to see it.

DragSoc’s Xmas Show was yet another hit performance by Sheffield’s favourite drag artists who left us all wanting the show to continue for hours! With more shows coming up in 2024, make sure to come and see these fantastic performers in their next show! It’s not to be missed.

Rating: ★★★★★

DragSoc’s Xmas Show was performed in Raynor Lounge at Bar One. For future shows from DragSoc, see @uosdragsoc on Instagram

Image Credit: DragSoc