The upcoming tour of the acclaimed musical Dear Evan Hansen has announced that they are teaming up with TikTok to find the next generation of cast members. Producers are offering fans the chance to audition for the show through a competition hosted on the social media platform.

Based on the real experience of the musical’s lyricist Benj Pasek, Dear Evan Hansen is the story of a boy’s struggle to fit in with social anxiety, which all changes following the suicide of school loner Connor Murphy, whom Evan claims to have been close friends with, in order to get closer to Connor’s sister Zoe. But when the school rallies around their lost classmate based on the false testimonies of Evan, he quickly finds himself in over his head. The musical enjoyed incredibly successful runs on Broadway and in the West End, closing in London in October 2022. It was recently revealed that the show would be returning for a U.K. tour, which was also reported to be very different from the original productions we have already seen.

Dear Evan Hansen’s original lyricist Benj Pasek. Image Credit: Alumni Association of the University of Michigan

Ahead of the tour, and with the partnership with TikTok, the show’s creatives are looking for talent to perform in the tour, and have opened the opportunity up to the general public, giving a select few the opportunity to audition professionally for the show’s tour. To enter, aspiring performers aged 18 or over and based in the U.K. and Ireland have been asked to record themselves singing a song of their choice from the musical and uploading it to TikTok along with the hashtag #YouWillBeFound. Upon doing this and filling out the online form, the show’s creatives will select their favourites to be offered the chance to audition. Auditions for all parts are open and inclusive, with auditions accepted from people of all gender identities and training levels.

If starring in a professional musical has always been a dream of yours that has felt out of reach, this is the perfect opportunity to have a go, and maybe you’ll be the Evan Hansen we see walking out onto our stages very soon, including at Sheffield’s Lyceum Theatre!

TikTok submissions are open until February 11th. More information and the online entry form can be found here. Dear Evan Hansen begins its U.K. tour in September 2024

Image Credit: Playbill