Forge TV reveal rousing Varsity explainer

The team at Forge TV today launched a trailer aiming to remind students what Varsity is all about.

The inter-city sporting tournament begins on 20 March with teams from the University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam going head to head in ice hockey. 

Acting as an explainer piece, the video includes words from figures across the universities about what Varsity means to them.

Interviewees include Uni of’s Sports Officer Annie Henderson, Hallam’ Sports Officer Ellie Miller, and Uni of’s ice hockey player Lawson Glasby. 

Charlie Howell, Station Manager at Forge TV, said: “Varsity is, in my opinion, the biggest event in the university calendar, but every year a new generation enrols possibly not knowing anything about it.

“We wanted to capture a video which shows how great it is, through the voice of those that compete in it, and hopefully we’ve done the Black and Gold (and Maroon of course) athletes justice.”

The trailer outlines the format of the tournament and touches on the Varsity Oath, which focuses on pride, sportsmanship, fair play, and respect, as explained by Uni of’s trampolining competitor Hollie Willoughby. 

Unlike previous years, the competition will end with men’s basketball on 24 April at the Canon Medical Arena. 

USLES summons Techies for Summoning Morphsuit Gary

Join Morphsuit Gary & USLES in creating their latest light entertainment production

Your Heart’s Too Open, Close It announce final 2024 SUTCo Casting

SUTCo's week 5 show casts returning names, new faces & USLES stars

Off The Shelf Review: Backbone of the Nation

Recounting the experiences of the Miners' Strikes & more, Gildea retells the history of the untold stories

Live Review: The Last Dinner Party @ The Octagon

On Wednesday 25 September, I attended The Last Dinner Party's concert at The Octagon, and though I attended last minute, it was an unforgettable...

In Conversation: Culture Committee Chair The Rt. Hon. Dame Caroline Dinenage MP

Now in her fifth term, the former Minister shares her thoughts on Arts & Theatre, Parliament & polarisation

Off The Shelf Review: Born on Sunday Silent

Swapping the page for the screen, Born on Sunday Silent explores the realm of Black Gothic, & the realities behind the stories it portrays

Off The Shelf Review: Code Dependent: Living in the Shadow of AI

With AI becoming an ever-growing presence in our lives, who are the real faces behind this revolution, at both the very top & very bottom?