Les Misérables has been selected as Best Musical and Soundtrack to my Soul at the 2024 Best Of London Theatre (BOLT) Awards. Sponsored by TodayTix, the UK’s only theatre awards run by and for young people saw those aged between 15 and 29 voting for the best theatrical productions and performers to grace the West End stages.

The classic Sondheim musical, which celebrated its 38th anniversary last year, took home two awards, as did Newsies (Power of the Ensemble and Spectacular Set) and For Black Boys… (Best Play and Special Recognition for Contribution to Theatre). Other recognised productions came in the form of Come From Away taking Bring it Back, and The Ocean at the End of the Lane winning Top Tech.

As well as productions being rewarded, individual performers took home titles as well. Gracie McGonigal (The Little Big Things) won Watch this Face, for her spectacular portrayal of Katie in one of the West End’s newest musicals. Also celebrated was Sam Tutty with Best Performer in a Musical/Play for his performance in Dear Evan Hansen, Collette Guitart, whose work on & Juliet earned her the Save the Day award, and Kizzy Murrell, the Big Little Star portraying a young Tina Turner.

BOLT Awards 2024 winners. From left to right – Gracie McGonigal, Sam Tutty, Collette Guitart & Kizzy Murrell. Image Credit: sohoplace, Official London Theatre, London Theatre Direct & Andy Sillett Photography

Wrapping up this year’s awards was a win not for a production or a performer, but a building! The Theatre Royal Drury Lane was named as Home Sweet Home, for a building unlike any other for the young theatrical community. And the final award was given to Gabriella Slade for her work as costume designer on the smash-hit musical SIX, whose iconic costumes have become a theatrical classic across the world.

The 2024 BOLT Awards recognised the people and productions that appealed most to the young theatrical community of the U.K., and this year’s winners are some of the most revered these awards have ever celebrated. They are a testament to the skill and talent of London’s theatrical industry, and their particularly poignant effect on the youngest members of our audiences.

The 2024 BOLT Awards were held on February 18th at Wonderville, Haymarket. See the full list of award nominees here

Image Credit: Go Live Theatre