Theatre review: ‘Does My Fanny Look Big In This?’ at Theatre Deli

‘She’s a warrior, best you never had.’

This brave, cheeky and interactive show made the whole audience laugh as Eleanor May Blackburn tackled topics of sexual trauma with humour in her show Does My Fanny Look Big In This?

Ellie is a warrior, and her show is a testament to this.

The show is packed to the brim with important messages, and if you can get to one of the shows, I’d really recommend going to see it.

It’s previously been to the Edinburgh Fringe where it had rave reviews and is travelling to Birmingham, Leeds and London in the next few months.

Ellie at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Image credit: Brian Wilson.

‘Sex education is important.’

Ellie navigates a class of kids asking her absolutely anything they want to know about sex; it’s the anxious sex education class you wish you had in school.

Ellie explores the sexual world through spoken word, uncomfortable noises, an inflatable sex doll, singing, anxiety and limerick.

Ellie speaks about all things sex, and with a personalised Q&A for each show, no topic is off limits. She answers the questions you’re too afraid or embarrassed to ask while validating sexual anxiety and addressing sexual trauma.

Sheffield’s Theatre Deli was the perfect intimate setting for Ellie’s show, one that laughed along with her jokes and understood when it was time to get serious.

My main takeaway from the show was that we all need to be talking to each other more. We all need to be asking each other questions, because we all have them. And a lot of them are the same.

As Ellie says, it might be ‘a little bit awkward, but nothing we can’t handle.’

Rating: ★★★★★

English Society announce 2024/25 committee

The departmental society names their leadership ahead of Freshers Week

Book Review: Political Tribes ~ Amy Chua

As divisions become baked into society, how do we begin to get past it?

Lib Dems name new Culture Spokesperson in seismic reshuffle

New MP Max Wilkinson has replaced veteran MP Jamie Stone as Culture Spokesperson, with half of 2019 Lib Dems losing their portfolios

Opinion: How far is too far?

God you just can’t say anything anymore...

Exhibition Review: Recasting Canova

The gift for defeating Europe's shortest military legend fails to reach the heights of other Crawford collections

Sheffield Steelers make history on the European stage

The Sheffield Steelers are expertly representing the UK in the Champions Hockey League with three wins on the bounce for the first time ever.

Review: Love Lasts Forever – Destroy Lonely

One of the frontrunners of Playboi Carti’s Opium record label, Destroy Lonely is back with his highly-anticipated album — LOVE LASTS FOREVER. The album,...