Preview: SUTCo’s Scene Showcase

As we all begin to return to Sheffield after the Easter break, we may all be a little bit lethargic to get going on the final push before the end of the year. But not SUTCo! The Sheffield University Theatre Company are gearing up for yet another display of the society’s talent, with this set to be their most unique project this year!

SUTCo’s Scene Showcase takes the place of their traditional week 8 show, marked last year with Hedda Gabler. This project aims to encourage new and returning talent from across the society to come together and show off skills, in a calmer environment than in the confines of a full show. With no previous experience required, SUTCo’s Scene Showcase is an open floor for society members to present works of their choice to their university community.

SUTCo’s Projects Officer Darcey Severne. Image Credit: SUTCo

Projects Officer Darcey Severne told Forge Press: “[Showcase] is a fantastic opportunity to act with your favourite people, or by yourself, using any scene of your choice! It’s a great way to be creative and have fun acting”.

They went on to say that: “If you’ve never acted with the society or want to give it a go and do one of your favourite pieces, or write one yourself”, this may be the opportunity for you. “Showcase gives you freedom to choose exactly what you want to do”.

With pieces lasting no more than ten minutes each being the only real restriction, SUTCo’s Scene Showcase is set to be a highly versatile evening with the very best SUTCo has to offer, from new and previous cast and crew of the society. This being the penultimate SUTCo feature of the year, followed in Week 11 by Shakespeare in the Park: As You Like It, don’t miss one of your final chances to see SUTCo perform before the year is over!

SUTCo’s Scene Showcase is showing on April 18th at Revolution Sheffield

Image Credit: SUTCo

Murdle wins Book of the Year

Last night book-lovers across the UK watched this year’s edition of The British Book Awards unfold at Grosvenor House in London. These awards, which...

The flawed student loan system

The student loan system operates on assumptions, and what Student Finance labels you as can make or break your university experience. Students...

Exploring the far-flung paradise of Palawan, Philippines

As midnight approached on the 31st of December, I boarded my second flight heading to the Philippines. Swapping my scarf and mittens for sunglasses...

Book Review: SAS Rogue Heroes ~ Ben Macintyre

The Second World War was a tragedy that led to many of the things the modern world has today, including the United Nations and...

SUTCo Review: Shakespeare in the Park: As You Like It

This weekend saw the Sheffield University Theatre Company (SUTCo) take over Crookes Valley Park for a two-day production of Shakespeare’s As You Like It...

Why is everyone running half marathons all of a sudden?

You can run, but you can’t hide - half marathon fever is sweeping across our students like a newfound epidemic. Your friends are no...