The University of Sheffield’s Drag Society (DragSoc) have revealed their final showcase of the academic year, with tickets already on sale for eager audience members. Their final show, which was recently delayed due to unforeseen issues, has been officially announced by the society to be taking place in Foundry on May 16th.

In a post shared on Instagram yesterday, the society revealed their show, saying: “Tickets are NOW ON SALE for our end of year extravaganza show…we are very excited for this one, so make sure to grab a ticket and join us for an amazing night! See you there besties”. The society have invited audience members to “bring your partners, friends and family, and celebrate a fantastic year of DragSoc sexiness with us”.

This is just the latest show the Drag Society have staged this year, following several hugely exciting events in the previous few months. This came most recently in their performances at Grapefruit, the LGBTQ+ club night, in February, as well as their Valentines for Palestine event, which has earned them an Activities Award nomination for Outstanding Charitable Contribution of the Year. This announcement also follows closely from their recently revealed upcoming appearance at the Big Gay Disco event, marking fifty years of LGBTQ+ nights at the Students’ Union, and setting the society for back-to-back performances, with this occurring the day after their final official show.

As the academic year starts to wind down, there appears to be no stopping DragSoc, who are promising yet another spectacle to end the year on a high. With their final show set to conquer Foundry instead of their usual venue in Raynor Lounge, they may be expecting their biggest show audience this year to send DragSoc off with a memorable bang before the summer months.

DragSoc’s End of Year Extravaganza will be taking place in Foundry on May 16th. Tickets are available here

Image Credit: DragSoc