The Sheffield Medics’ Revue society have announced that their 2024 show Back to the Suture has raised a phenomenal £1700 for the Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice, based to the east of Sheffield. Their annual charity production ran for three nights in February at Crookes Social Club.

In a post released earlier today, the society thanked “everyone who supported the show” and promises to “be back again to see what 2025 has in store”. They also took the opportunity to show previously unseen pictures from the production and rehearsal process, including company pictures both in the venue and individual moments throughout the creative process.

Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice provides support to children and young people aged 25 and younger, as well as their families, and has been running for the past 15 years. Opening in 2008, the group have supported hundreds of children from Sheffield, as well as Derbyshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. The charity offers a range of options to eligible families, including hospice care, therapies, short breaks and more to help ease the burden that having a seriously ill child can impart onto a family.

The Medics’ Revue’s show, in aid of the charity, featured a range of “sketches, songs and videos looking at the funny side of med school life”, with a cast consisting of medical students at our university and beyond. Given the extensive requirements and unsociable hours required for a medical degree, the fact that the group have raised such a monumental sum for charity from three short nights of their production is a remarkable achievement. The society will be returning in the new academic year for another production, and we can only speculate as to whether they will beat their record for another year.

Back to the Suture played from February 21st to 23rd at Crookes Social Club

Image Credit: Medics’ Revue