The Steel City Sirens Burlesque group have revealed their 2024/25 society committee members. Following their AGM and final show of 2023/24 earlier this year, the group took to social media to unveil their latest committee going into the next academic year, who took over from the previous team following the society election season.

In a social media post yesterday, the dance group said: “We’re so excited for what this next year will bring for the Steel City Sirens […] We hope to see you all along the way at upcoming shows and events (or if you fancy joining!), we will be updating for the new semester over the coming months”.

The Steel City Sirens are the burlesque group of the University of Sheffield, which has existed for several years at the Students’ Union. This year, as well as regular shows with charity collections and competitions, the group have also performed at special Grapefruit club nights showcasing their talents to new audiences. The Steel City Sirens are open to members of all genders and none, and provide a safe space for people to explore the medium and perform, whether in front of an audience or fellow members.

Annual General Meetings (AGMs) are an annual event in each society’s calendar, when constitution changes are voted on and new committee members are elected. Should roles remain outstanding following an AGM, an EGM (Emergency General Meeting) can be scheduled to fill remaining roles. Each society has four core roles, namely President, Secretary, Treasurer and Welfare & Inclusions Officer, which must be filled in order for a society to continue activities into the next academic year.

The committee-elect for the 2024/25 academic year is as follows:

• President ~ Electra Haze
  • Secretary ~ Miss Conception
  • Treasurer ~ Geo
  • Welfare & Inclusions Officer ~ Obsidian Lace
  • Social Secretary ~ Miss Conception
  • Social Secretary ~ Axel Rain
  • Social Media Officer ~ Axel Rain
  • General Committee ~ Miss Take Me
  • General Committee ~ Theo Valentine

The Steel City Sirens Burlesque Society can be found at @steelcitysirens on Instagram

Image Credit: Steel City Sirens