International bestselling author Juno Dawson will visit the LGBTQ+ bookshop Juno Books next month. The queer author, who has written bestsellers such as Clean and This Book is Gay, will be speaking about her newest title Queen B, the latest instalment in the ‘Her Majesty’s Royal Coven’ series, & in conversation with local author Jake Hall.

In an announcement on Juno Books’ social media earlier today, the book shop proclaimed: “BOW DOWN WITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! […] We are completely beside ourselves to announce that Juno Books is going to be hosting the one and only JUNO DAWSON”. The post, as well as explaining the plot of Dawson’s latest title, described the event’s structure, saying: “Juno will be talking to the one and only Jake Hall, author of The Art of Drag and Shoulder to Shoulder: A Queer History of Solidarity, Coalition and Chaos and the event will be held at the fantastic Mowbray”.

Dawson, who grew up in Bingley, West Yorkshire, has written a number of young adult books in both the fiction and non-fiction markets. Her books have become synonymous with LGBTQ+ representation, with the author frequently advocating for more prominent LGBTQ+ inclusion. Herself a Trans+ woman, she holds a prominent role as a School Role Model for the LGBTQ+ charity Stonewall and as a columnist for Attitude Magazine.

Juno Dawson & Jake Hall. Image Credit: IMDb & Juno Books

Being held at the Mowbray, a popular venue among University of Sheffield student societies for their formal events, the event promises a friendly and accessible event where Dawson will be discussing Queen B, a prologue to her successful ‘Her Majesty’s Royal Coven’ series. The latest instalment “takes us back to the reign of Henry VIII and the origins of Her Majesty’s Royal Coven under the beautiful, the bewitching, Anne Boleyn”, the second of Henry VIII’s six wives. The event is being led by Jake Hall, a Sheffield-based queer author and freelance journalist.

The announcement earlier today is certain to be an exciting development in Juno Books’ regular lineup of queer authors and activities, with many having read one, if not multiple, of Dawson’s works. Juno Books has expected “Tickets for this will FLY” and encourages everyone in the community to get theirs now to avoid disappointment.

Juno Dawson’s Book Talk will take on August 14th at The Mowbray. Tickets are available here

Image Credit: And Other Stories