Sheffield Theatres and Evolution Productions have announced the full cast for this Christmas’ pantomime at the Lyceum Theatre, Snow White. The annual production, written and directed by Paul Hendy, sees new and returning cast members in this year’s play, recreating the classic Disney tale with all your favourite pantomime quips and quirks. Following last year’s Beauty and the Beast, the creative team and production leads behind the hugely successful 2023 pantomime are back for a new story as we approach the new year.

Joining previously announced cast members is Sheffield’s Matthew Croke, who has previously starred in the Sheffield Theatres production Annie Get Your Gun, as well as playing the leading role in Disney’s Aladdin in London’s West End. He has also previously appeared alongside Sheridan Smith in Funny Girl, staged at the Menier Chocolate Factory, as well as playing Fiyero in the West End production of Wicked. Joining him on stage are Marc Pickering, George Akid and Aoife Kenny, who recently starred in the West End’s Frozen the Musical, as it drew its residency at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane to a close. Completing the company are Dean Whatton, Simon Charnier, George Coppen, Paddy Holden, Liam Roche, Bindė Singh Johal and Hassan Taj playing the seven dwarfs, with previous credits ranging from Game of Thrones to Star Wars and The Witcher.

The cast of Snow White (from left to right). Top ~ Catherine Tyldesley, Quang Luong, Damian Williams, Matthew Croke & Marc Pickering. Middle ~ George Akid, Aoife Kenny, Dean Watton & Simon Charnier. Bottom ~ George Coppen, Paddy Holden, Liam Roche, Bindé Singh Johal & Hassan Taj. Image Credit: Sheffield Theatres

The cast of Snow White is led by Coronation Street‘s Catherine Tyldesley as the Evil Queen, Quang Luong (Gladiator’s ‘Viper’) and Damian Williams, reprising his role as the Pantomime Dame for another year. Williams has portrayed the Dame in Sheffield Theatres’ winter productions for fifteen years, and has become a staple of the city’s pantomime season. Snow White tells the classic story of the young princess who escapes from the Evil Queen’s castle and ends up living with seven dwarves whilst her mother gives chase. This year’s production is widely expected to come with the usual range of pantomime adaptations, making this a unique take on the classic tale.

With less than three months until the pantomime opens at the Lyceum Theatre and full cast and creative team revealed, the countdown to the festive production has well and truly begun, with many booking early to ensure they have great views of the latest farcical comedy from the mind of Paul Hendy. After multiple successful pantomimes in recent years, the latest show is set to continue the recent trend, bringing young people of all kinds into the theatre for the Christmas celebration!

Snow White is playing at the Lyceum Theatre from December 6th until January 5th 2025

Image Credit: Sheffield Theatres