Leadmill announce special Halloween film screenings

The Leadmill has announced it will be hosting special screenings of four films in the Sheffield area this Autumn.
It comes as part of  their ‘Leadmill Cinematic’ programme, including a spooky midnight showing of Get Out at the Sheffield General Cemetery on Halloween. 
The other three films included in the Autumn programme are Pulp Fiction, Grease, and The Omen.
For the first time ever, Leadmill Cinematic will be expanding its programme and hosting some of these screenings in places beyond the esteemed music venue itself.
On Halloween, Leadmill Cinematic will take over Samuel Worth Chapel for a double bill of horror, beginning with Richard Donner’s disturbing 1976 Antichrist picture, The Omen (doors 7.00pm), followed by a modern classic, Jordan Peele’s psychological chiller Get Out (doors 11.00pm).
Also on the schedule, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, Quentin Tarantino’s masterpiece Pulp Fiction will be screening at The Leadmill on Tuesday 15 October. The pop-cult classic Grease will also be showing at the venue on Friday 27 November.
All screenings will have themed drinks, popcorn, and pick and mix on offer.
Commenting on the announcement, Promotions Manager of The Leadmill Freya Gill-Stevens said: “This is a really exciting development in the Leadmill Cinematic brand… we’re really proud to be taking the next step in making these Halloween screenings immersive and absolutely terrifying by placing them in such an unusual setting.”
Tickets for The Omen and Get Out are priced at £11 each and are on sale now. Tickets for Pulp Fiction and Grease are £6 each, with options to upgrade to Table and VIP tickets.
All tickets are available from The Leadmill website.

AGMs 2024: Craft Club Committee formed after AGM re-run

The Craft Club Society have recently revealed their committee for the 2024/25 academic year, after previously struggling to achieve sufficient interest from members. The...

Book Review: Babycakes ~ Armistead Maupin

A sailor walks into a bar, meets a reporter and says he’s defected. Don’t wait for a punchline, because this is no laughing matter....

Dance Society named Society of the Year

The University of Sheffield Dance Society has been crowned as Society of the 2023/24 academic year at the annual Activities Awards, which took place...

BAME Students Part Time Officer questioned over lack of work since taking over role

Criticism has been raised over Part Time BAME Students Officer Ahmad Waris’ perceived lack of work since his time in office.  Speaking to Forge Press...

Opinion: Should centre stage be a place for protest?

Theatres have long been places of public expression and discourse, and never has this been clearer than it is now. Lots of new plays...

Strange Horticulture Review: A plant puzzle game that channels your inner Sherlock

Welcome to Strange Horticulture, an eerie plant shop nestled somewhere in Undermere that you inherited from your recently deceased uncle. Your mission? Save the...

To what extent should your boss be dictating your style at work?

Work. Love or hate it; enjoy or despise it, having a job and earning money is a fundamental part of living which...