Preview: Sheffield United vs Burnley

Burnley’s remarkable redemption has seen them climb away from the relegation zone, making this game an interesting fight for a Europa League spot. The tie sees two sides with contrasting form meet under what should be beautiful Burnley sunshine; Burnley having only lost once in their last ten, go into this game with an array of confidence, having successfully bounced back after their 5-0 demolition at the hands of Manchester City. In contrast, Sheffield United have one win in five, and will be hoping to find their pre-lockdown away form, after their last two dismal away displays; two 3-0 loses against Newcastle and Manchester United
After what was an inspiring performance against Tottenham Hotspur, Chris Wilder’s side deployed their parachute, stopping their Premier League downfall with a 3-1 victory. Wilder will be eager to continue to show that Sheffield United have not run out of steam and are more than a team that was being propelled by the high morale of promotion and go on to challenge for a European place. 
Team News
Jack O’Connell’s return to the side since being injured in a training ground collision with Dean Henderson, has been promised to the Bladesmen for many a game now, however, the overlapping centre back has not seen as much as the bench since the return, and is unlikely to regain his place from his understudy in Jack Robinson; who has begun to find his feet in the all-encompassing Sheffield united position. 
Last time out Sheffield United were forced to make three changes with John Fleck, Lundstram and Luke Freeman picking up injuries; Chris Wilder has stated that all three are out for a couple of weeks. But after Ben Osborn and Sander Berge’s masterful performances against Spurs, they may not be missed as much as previously thought. 
Burnley have been hit with injuries since the beginning of ‘Project Restart’, Sean Dyche announced that he is hopeful, Jay Rodriguez, Robbie Brady and Johann Berg Gudmundsson will be in contention for a place on Sunday. The latter’s last appearance came on New Year Day, the last time Burnley lost at home, hence Gudmundsson will be keen to return and prove he’s not a bad luck charm. 
Top goal scorer Chris Wood and fellow forward Ashley Barnes are unavailable for selection, having failed to regain match fitness following injury. Dyche recognises his selection limitations, stating that his squad picks itself due to the lack of alternatives available to him. Blades academy graduate Matt Lowton is also unavailable for The Clarets, along with Jack Cork who have both suffered longer-term injuries. 
Previous Meetings
Their last meeting saw Sheffield United stroll to a 3-0 victory, with Lundstram lording over the Burnley defence, adding two goals to what has been a remarkable season from a player, who before the Premier League, failed to find a spot in the Blades’ starting lineup. Additionally, Lys Mousset picked up a hat-trick of assists, yet has now fallen to Sheffield United’s fourth-choice striker, having suffered from fitness difficulties across the season. Although, ended his goal drought on Thursday, which stretched back to the 1st of December against Wolves. 
Sheffield United will be chasing their first win at Turf Moor since 2008, having lost their last three fixtures at Burnley’s fortress
Statistics 
Billy Sharp is on his hunt for his 100th Sheffield United league goal. The Blades legend is hoping to add two goals to his previous three premier league goals against Burnley, in order to reach this impressive feat. 
Burnley last lost a Premier League fixture at home on New Year’s Day, which saw Aston Villa run out 2-1 winners. Sheffield United will be looking to stop The Clarets’ march to 6 unbeaten home games in a row. 
Sheffield United have had the most goals overturned by VAR this season. They will be hoping that the change in fortune they experienced against Spurs will continue, and see VAR push them towards a much needed away victory. 
ONE TO WATCH 
The midday fixture sees two England number one hopefuls of Henderson and Pope meet, in what could swing Southgate’s mind in who should be starting when Euro 2020 finally begins. Both goalkeepers hold impressive clean sheet records in the 2019/2020 season, with Pope currently creating daylight between him and his rivals at the top of the tally. Henderson has received many plaudits within his rookie Premier League season, with outstanding displays against Manchester City, Liverpool and Norwich, with the latter seeing him make an unthinkable triple save. 
This will be an interesting battle to watch, however in terms of a singular player to watch, I highly recommend viewers closely follow the magical David McGoldrick. A player which is brushed under the carpets by many pundits, due to his inability to find the back of the net, finds himself as an irreplaceable player in the Sheffield United side. His ability to link the team together sees him pushing for Sheffield United’s player of the season. Without his exciting play, Sheffield United’s place in the league would not be as secure, that’s for sure. 
COVERAGE 
Burnley vs Sheffield United midday clash is the start of Sky Sports busy Super Sunday, and can be found on Sky Sports Premier League, without crowd noise. Sky Sports Main Event will be televising the game with crowd noise. The fixture will also be free to air on Sky Pick. Coverage begins at 11:30am.

Sheffield Hallam Candidate Spotlights: Jason Leman, Green Party

An interview with the Green Party's candidate for Sheffield Hallam.

Sheffield Hallam Candidate Spotlights: Isaac Howarth, Conservative Party

Find out the main aims of Isaac Howarth, the Conservative Party candidate for Sheffield Hallam.

Sheffield Hallam Candidate Spotlights : Shaffaq Mohammed, Liberal Democrats

Shaffaq Muhammed, candidate for the Liberal Democrats in the Sheffield Hallam constituency, tells us his main aims for this election.

Sheffield Hallam Candidate Spotlights: Andrew Cowell – SDP

The General Election is fast approaching, and Sheffield's candidates have been busy campaigning for your vote. With political apathy increasing, understanding who you’re voting for...

Sheffield Hallam Candidate Spotlights: Sam Chapman, Rejoin EU

Find out the main aim of the Rejoin EU party from Sheffield Hallam candidate Samuel Chapman, and how he will support students.

Sheffield Hallam/Central Candidate Spotlights: Workers Party of Britain

The Workers Party of Britain candidates (Caitlin Hardy in Sheffield Central, and Mo Moui-Tabrizy in Sheffield Hallam) weren’t able to arrange an interview, but...