Sheffield United have a stern test in the next round of the FA Cup, as Premier League side Spurs come to Bramall Lane on Wednesday night, with the match kicking off at 7:55 PM GMT.

The Blades narrowly beat National League side Wrexham in the last round, beating them 3-1 in the replay fixture after the sides could not be separated the first time round. Late goals from Billy Sharp and Sander Berge sealed their place in round five.

Spurs, who currently sit fourth in the Premier League, stormed past Championship side Preston North End in the previous round by beating them 3-0. Goals in that match came from Arnaut Danjuma and a brace from Son Heung-min.

The two teams last met in this competition in the 1957-58 campaign and the Blades won 3-0 in the fourth round.

The Blades have been on a mixed run of form of late. They beat Watford 1-0 in a hard-fought home victory last Saturday but prior to that had fallen to back-to-back defeats by Middlesborough and Milwall.

They still sit second in the Championship with a seven point lead over third-placed Middlesborough and have a game in hand to play.

Tottenham have won their last two fixtures, both 2-0 wins and both against London rivals,West Ham United and Chelsea. Oliver Skipp and Harry Kane scored in their most recent victory against the Blues. They currently sit fourth in the Premier League table.

Spurs have not won in the fifth round for the last three years, including last season’s 1-0 defeat to Middlesboroguh after extra time.

United, meanwhile, have advanced from their last two FA Cup fifth-round ties, beating Reading in the 2019/20 season and also Bristol City in the 2020/21 season.

However, they have been eliminated in each of their last five ties at this stage versus opposition from the Premier League.

The London club have beaten Sheffield United on their last two visits to Bramall Lane, both coming in the 2020/21 Premier League Season. Another win over the Blades will see them gain three wins in a row against the Blades for the first time since the mid-1970’s.

Adam Davies has been the cup ‘keeper throughout the season so is likely to start between the sticks.

Illiman Ndiaye and Oli McBurnie have been a force in attack so will likely be the starting striking pair.

Spurs are likely to rotate with the likes of Japhet Tanganga, Davinson Sanchez and Ivan Perisic all set for starts.

The big names of Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane are also likely to start.

A big attendance is expected at Bramall Lane, and the stadium is known for causing magical moments ‘Under the Lights’ so anything can happen.Foot