University of Sheffield drops below the Top 100 in the global rankings

The University of Sheffield is no longer ranked as a Top 100 University in the global league, placing Sheffield at 104th in the world and 15th best in the UK.

The university has dropped 8 places in comparison to their 2023 score. 

Sheffield now falls under the likes of the University of Nottingham (#100), Leeds (#75) and Manchester (#32), with the University of Cambridge maintaining the top spot for UK Universities (#2).

The 20th edition of the QS World University Rankings is the most-consulted independent evaluation of the world’s 1500 top institutions, featuring 104 locations. 

This year’s edition featured the analysis of 17.5 million academic papers and the expert opinions of over 240,000 employees and faculty members.

The QS World University Rankings also measure academic standards, employability records, research quality, teaching capacity and internationalisation.

For a second year running, the University of Sheffield’s highest scores were in two internationalisation indicators, receiving 97.5 points out of a total of 100 for the International Students Ratio; and 96.1 points for the International Research Network.

Find more information here.

Murdle wins Book of the Year

Last night book-lovers across the UK watched this year’s edition of The British Book Awards unfold at Grosvenor House in London. These awards, which...