Sophie Layton (she/her)" />

USLES Semester 2 Show & First Musical Revealed

The University of Sheffield Light Entertainment Society (USLES) have revealed their upcoming semester 2 show, putting on their first original musical from the society’s president. Written by Martha Allison, Chosen Ones promises us an exciting show from the light entertainment society, with the caption “every story needs a villain” our only clue so far!

Image Credit: USLES

Taking to a newly-formed social media account earlier today, the production announced: “USLES’s newest show, Chosen Ones, by Martha Allison. Coming this Spring!”. Tickets are already available through the Students’ Union website, which has provided us with more information about the production. The description from the ticket link invites us to “follow our villains Captain Hook, Count Dracula III, Victor Frankenstein, Femme Fatale and Wiglaf (the lackey) on a journey through Teriarnva to retrieve the Wish and stop all heroes in their tracks…or suffer the consequences of crossing the Lady of Misfortune”.

Being staged in Theatre Deli in May, Chosen Ones marks the first musical USLES have ever put on, and follows their semester 1 production The Cheese Time, which played in Coffee Revolution before Christmas. The society, which prides itself on finding roles for all auditionees for shows, has been working on this latest production for several months already, and are now preparing for their two-night run later this semester.

As we approach the end of the year, another one of our creative societies have revealed their final project vying for audiences to close the year on a high. And with as curious a description as Chosen Ones has, we are eagerly anticipating more news on USLES’ latest venture.

USLES’ Chosen Ones is playing from May 10th to 11th at Theatre Deli. Tickets are available here

Image Credit: USLES’ Chosen Ones

Book Review: Wicked – The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West ~ Gregory Maguire

With the splash of the water bucket, the Wicked Witch of the West melted in a shrieking mess in front of Dorothy, aghast at...

Sounds of unity: collaborative open mic night brings together musicians and students

On the 13th March, the Music Department Society and Octagon Records, two University of Sheffield societies, brought together their audiences for a big open...

Touring Production Review: The 39 Steps

When you go to the theatre you never expect what you see to be totally realistic, yet, usually, the characters on stage don’t seem...

University baseball club to hold charity match against Goodwin staff

University of Sheffield’s baseball club will face off against staff from Sport & Physical Activity in their first ever charity match.  The team, affectionately known...

Interview: Cluedo 2’s Ellie Leach and Jason Durr with director Mark Bell

For Strictly Come Dancing champion and former Coronation Street actress Ellie Leach and ex Heartbeat and Casualty actor Jason Durr, the chance to play...

PhotoSoc & Forge Press Competition Winner Crowned

A monochrome picture of a leafless tree has won the Forge Press and Photography Society joint competition. The picture, taken by HanQing Xing under...

Are gigs and festivals becoming more and more inaccessible to young people?

Festivals are a rite of passage for young people. Most GCSE and A-Level students go to Reading and Leeds to have a paradigmatic first...