Bryony Page brings mini-trampoline fitness classes to Sport Sheffield

Olympic silver-medal trampolinist Bryony Page, along with fellow biology alumni Emily Glendenning, are bringing their Boogie Bounce classes to Sport Sheffield, which are fun-filled exercises on mini-trampolines.
Bryony’s role as an ambassador for the Boogie Bounce brand is allowing her to bring the sessions to Goodwin Sports Centre.
The sessions aim to provide a different type of exercise method for students and non-students alike, with benefits ranging from increased calorie burning to improved muscle toning. 
The classes will be instructed by qualified instructors, with occasional appearances from Bryony herself.
Bryony said: “Boogie Bounce is an exercise class on mini-trampolines. You go in, do a warm-up on the trampoline, you boogie and bounce, and do a little bit of fitness and dance at the same time.
“It’s basically a high intensity interval training full-body workout but you leave feeling uplifted and that you’ve had fun.
“It’s just a fun thing where you feel good after each session.”
Advantages of this distinct activity include improved endurance, making it easier to do everyday tasks, as well as an elevated mood, as one receives the same amount of endorphins one receives from other types of exercises.
Additionally, it is easier on one’s joints as the trampoline absorbs some of the impact when jumping and burns more calories in the same amount of time than, for example, going for a run.

“When I started talking with Sport Sheffield about it, we decided it would be really good if it would be completely integrated rather than kind of isolated and it’s own thing,” Bryony added.
“We’re going to be on their timetable and to be part of Sport Sheffield is really nice as well as being part of their process and of the community again.
“Since I am an alumni, it feels really nice to come back. It will be amazing to be able to give back a little bit and give something different to students.
Furthermore, the biology graduate is still setting her sights on the Trampolining World Championships in November.
“We’ve got quite a big build-up to the main event of the year, which is the Trampolining World Championships at the end of November, with two World Cups which are in September and October.
“I’ve been going through some injuries since the Olympics so this is the first big time-block where I can push my routines a bit differently.
“I’ve felt that for a long time I’ve been trying to build up to where I was before my injuries and surgeries, so this big chunk of time gives me that extra opportunity to play around a bit with new links, so I’ve got the buzz for it again.”
Bryony’s Boogie Bounce classes will start at Goodwin Sports Centre on Monday 8 July.

University announces Weston Park May Fayre collaboration

The University of Sheffield is among a number of groups, including Sheffield City Council and Heart Radio, coming together to facilitate the annual Weston...

AGMs 2024: Craft Club Committee formed after AGM re-run

The Craft Club Society have recently revealed their committee for the 2024/25 academic year, after previously struggling to achieve sufficient interest from members. The...

Book Review: Babycakes ~ Armistead Maupin

A sailor walks into a bar, meets a reporter and says he’s defected. Don’t wait for a punchline, because this is no laughing matter....

Dance Society named Society of the Year

The University of Sheffield Dance Society has been crowned as Society of the 2023/24 academic year at the annual Activities Awards, which took place...

BAME Students Part Time Officer questioned over lack of work since taking over role

Criticism has been raised over Part Time BAME Students Officer Ahmad Waris’ perceived lack of work since his time in office.  Speaking to Forge Press...

Opinion: Should centre stage be a place for protest?

Theatres have long been places of public expression and discourse, and never has this been clearer than it is now. Lots of new plays...