Sport Sheffield won’t be taking new memberships as more about phased reopening is revealed

Sport Sheffield has announced in a recent email to students that only existing members will be allowed to use the facilities upon reopening. 
In order to control the number of people using the sports centres facilities, no new memberships will be taken for the time being. 
Some customers were invited to walk through the facility and test the new procedures today, before the centre’s doors are reopened. 
Norton Sports Park has been open since the 27 July (phase one) and from the 3rd August the phased reopening of the gym and swimming pool will begin. 
Students were reminded in the email that all visitors to the centre will need to book in advance, including the gym and swimming pool which were previously available without booking.
The calender for the reopening of facilities at Sport Sheffield is as follows:
Phase Two
Gym – Monday 3 August (opening times throughout phase two vary)
Phase Three
Swimming Pool – Monday 10 August, 6:45am – 1:15pm

University announces Weston Park May Fayre collaboration

The University of Sheffield is among a number of groups, including Sheffield City Council and Heart Radio, coming together to facilitate the annual Weston...

AGMs 2024: Craft Club Committee formed after AGM re-run

The Craft Club Society have recently revealed their committee for the 2024/25 academic year, after previously struggling to achieve sufficient interest from members. The...

Book Review: Babycakes ~ Armistead Maupin

A sailor walks into a bar, meets a reporter and says he’s defected. Don’t wait for a punchline, because this is no laughing matter....

Dance Society named Society of the Year

The University of Sheffield Dance Society has been crowned as Society of the 2023/24 academic year at the annual Activities Awards, which took place...

BAME Students Part Time Officer questioned over lack of work since taking over role

Criticism has been raised over Part Time BAME Students Officer Ahmad Waris’ perceived lack of work since his time in office.  Speaking to Forge Press...

Opinion: Should centre stage be a place for protest?

Theatres have long been places of public expression and discourse, and never has this been clearer than it is now. Lots of new plays...