Jemma Snowdon" />

VARSITY 2022: The University of Sheffield Women’s Football 2s narrowly miss out on a victory

The match at Hallam Sports Park between Sheffield Hallam and the University of Sheffield’s Women’s Football 2s resulted in a 2-2 draw.

With kick-off at 17:30, the teams’ nerves had built up during the day after watching their teammates in the first and third teams.

As the match went underway, both teams were fighting hard to retain possession, and the game began particularly fast-paced.

Unfortunately for the Black and Gold team, Hallam seemed to get the better of them.

The first goal of the match came in the 17th minute.

Uni of’s goalkeeper had no chance of making the save from Hallam’s impressive shot from outside the box.

The University of Sheffield put in all the stops to try and bring themselves back into the game.

Despite taking some time to find their feet in the match, Uni of managed to score their first goal in the 33rd minute.

The score remained 1-1 at half-time.

The second half was packed full of action.

In the 54th minute, the University of Sheffield appeared to have made a comeback by scoring their second goal, taking themselves into the lead.

From being a goal behind to being a goal in front, the match was full of excitement for Black and Gold supporters.

Towards the end of the second half, there seemed to be an unknown issue with one of the players on the University of Sheffield’s side.

With no substitution made to replace Uni of’s player, Hallam found a quick and easy route to the back of the net with less than 10 minutes to go.

A frustrated Black and Gold side couldn’t rectify their mistake, and the match ended in a 2-2 draw.

The University of Sheffield will undoubtedly be frustrated at the last goal from Hallam and will feel robbed of their victory.

A poor decision not to send in a substitute for their play seemed to cost them a point.

SUPAS Review: Made in Dagenham

We've all become accustomed to industrial action in all sectors of our society, many striking for better pay. But what happens when that pay...

VARSITY 2024: University of Sheffield take triumphant victory for 10th year running

Several weeks of sporting excellence culminated in a spectacular Varsity win for the University of Sheffield. This marks a decade of victories for the black...

VARSITY 2024: Narrow win for Hallam basketball men’s 1s in finale

Hallam basketball men’s 1s team won a thriller against the University of Sheffield on Wednesday 24 April at the Canon Medical Arena, taking victory...

VARSITY 2024: Uni of take clean sweep in netball fixtures

The University of Sheffield’s first team claimed a wonderful victory with a 44-36 win over Sheffield Hallam on Wednesday 24 April at Canon Medical...

VARSITY 2024: Sheffield women’s basketball crush Hallam by double digits

A brilliant comeback saw the University of Sheffield emphatically defeat Sheffield Hallam University on the final day of Varsity. Despite Hallam taking an early lead,...

Grammy-Nominees announced for Migration Matters Festival

The line-up for this year’s Migration Matters Festival has been unveiled, with a range of artists, professionals, youth groups and others taking part to...

VARSITY 2024: Uni of find glory in futsal 2s fixture

A sizeable crowd gathered at the English Institute of Sport to watch the Steel City’s two university futsal teams lock horns on the day...