PREVIEW: Blades face test against a strong QPR side

A 1-1 draw for the Blades last time out against Birmingham City ended their 100% win rate at home, and the Sheffield side’s lead at the top of the table has been narrowed to one point, with Norwich City closing the gap.

Oli McBurnie will be looking to continue his excellent form for the league leaders. The Scotsman has scored five in his last six games and sits joint third in the goalscoring charts.

Speaking to SUTV, McBurnie remains bullish about the Blade’s expectations at home this season and said: “We feel like we can beat everybody here. We feel like we should beat everybody here”.

Jaden Bogle’s return from injury against Birmingham city will provide a boost for Paul Heckingbottom’s side.

The former Derby County full-back is highly rated by the coaching team and was in excellent form for the Blades last season until knee surgery ruled the defender out for seven months.

The decision for Paul Heckingbottom now is whether to start him ahead of Reda Khadra.

The visitors will provide a stern test of the Blades promotion credentials, as the Hoops currently sit 5th in the league.

They will be looking to build on their recent good away form. In their last two away outings QPR beat Millwall and Bristol City 0-2 and 1-2, respectively.

Key to QPR’s form this season has been Moroccan winger Ilias Chair who has provided the most assists in the league this season.

Michael Beale’s side will also look to Leeds loanee Tyler Roberts to provide creativity and cutting edge going forward.

The attacking midfielder completed 90 minutes for the first time since last December at the weekend and scored in the Hoops’ win against Bristol City.

On the injury front, despite Bogle’s return, the Blades still have a long list of names in the treatment room, with defender Anel Ahmedhodžić not ready to return yet.

QPR face fewer injury worries with centre-back Rob Dickie returning to the squad.

AGMs 2024: Craft Club Committee formed after AGM re-run

The Craft Club Society have recently revealed their committee for the 2024/25 academic year, after previously struggling to achieve sufficient interest from members. The...

Book Review: Babycakes ~ Armistead Maupin

A sailor walks into a bar, meets a reporter and says he’s defected. Don’t wait for a punchline, because this is no laughing matter....

Dance Society named Society of the Year

The University of Sheffield Dance Society has been crowned as Society of the 2023/24 academic year at the annual Activities Awards, which took place...

BAME Students Part Time Officer questioned over lack of work since taking over role

Criticism has been raised over Part Time BAME Students Officer Ahmad Waris’ perceived lack of work since his time in office.  Speaking to Forge Press...

Opinion: Should centre stage be a place for protest?

Theatres have long been places of public expression and discourse, and never has this been clearer than it is now. Lots of new plays...

Strange Horticulture Review: A plant puzzle game that channels your inner Sherlock

Welcome to Strange Horticulture, an eerie plant shop nestled somewhere in Undermere that you inherited from your recently deceased uncle. Your mission? Save the...

To what extent should your boss be dictating your style at work?

Work. Love or hate it; enjoy or despise it, having a job and earning money is a fundamental part of living which...