Megan Cooke (she/her)" />

Books to curl up with this Christmas

The Christmas season is a great time to get cosy with a good book, to relax and unwind after a stressful term. If you want to curl up under some blankets with a hot drink and a festive read, consider picking up one of these books.

Lovelight Farms – B. K. Borison

Lovelight Farms is a classic holiday romance. In an attempt to save her beloved childhood Christmas tree farm, Stella lies about having a boyfriend. This is a classic fake-dating, cute and cosy rom-com that will make for a great Christmas read to really get you in the festive spirit.

The Haunting Season – multiple authors

If you are in the mood for something a bit scarier to read over the holidays, The Haunting Season is the ideal book to reach for. A collection of ghostly winter tales from eight authors, it is a perfect companion for those dark Christmas evenings.

Hercule Poirot’s Christmas – Agatha Christie

Reading a crime novel by candlelight on a winter evening is a great way to relax after a busy term. After a murder takes place on Christmas Eve, Poirot has to investigate as more questions pop up. In true Agatha Christie fashion, this locked-room mystery will definitely keep you entertained on a cold night.

A Merry Little Meet Cute – Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone

If you are looking for a bit of a spicier book this holiday, consider picking up A Merry Little Meet Cute. When an adult film star is cast in a Christmas movie alongside her childhood crush, they realise they need to keep their off-screen romance a secret to protect both of their careers. This new book, co-written by two best-selling authors, is going to put you into a festive mood from the very beginning.

The Thursday Murder Club – Richard Osman

While not specifically a book for the holiday season, Richard Osman’s The Thursday Murder Club has the comforting and cosy vibes that any great winter read needs. As a group of pensioners attempt to solve a murder in their retirement village, you learn about their lives, hopes, fears and friendships. It is an easy book to get lost in and great for feeling some holiday companionship.

SUPAS Review: Made in Dagenham

We've all become accustomed to industrial action in all sectors of our society, many striking for better pay. But what happens when that pay...

VARSITY 2024: University of Sheffield take triumphant victory for 10th year running

Several weeks of sporting excellence culminated in a spectacular Varsity win for the University of Sheffield. This marks a decade of victories for the black...

VARSITY 2024: Narrow win for Hallam basketball men’s 1s in finale

Hallam basketball men’s 1s team won a thriller against the University of Sheffield on Wednesday 24 April at the Canon Medical Arena, taking victory...

VARSITY 2024: Uni of take clean sweep in netball fixtures

The University of Sheffield’s first team claimed a wonderful victory with a 44-36 win over Sheffield Hallam on Wednesday 24 April at Canon Medical...

VARSITY 2024: Sheffield women’s basketball crush Hallam by double digits

A brilliant comeback saw the University of Sheffield emphatically defeat Sheffield Hallam University on the final day of Varsity. Despite Hallam taking an early lead,...

Grammy-Nominees announced for Migration Matters Festival

The line-up for this year’s Migration Matters Festival has been unveiled, with a range of artists, professionals, youth groups and others taking part to...

VARSITY 2024: Uni of find glory in futsal 2s fixture

A sizeable crowd gathered at the English Institute of Sport to watch the Steel City’s two university futsal teams lock horns on the day...