Charlie Sweeney" />

Get Together 2023: Where (and when) to watch your favourite artists

Sheffield’s new, favourite festival Get Together is returning to the Steel City later this month. It’s third iteration, the festival departs it’s previous home at the University of Sheffield’s Students Union, and has relocated to Kelham Island, meaning a totally new stage set-up for the festival. So, we’ve broken down who is playing at what stage and where, as well as who we recommend seeing on each stage!

Get Together Stage

Where?: 

At Peddler Warehouse, where Sheffield’s beloved Peddler Market takes place.

Who’s playing?:

Friendly Fires – 9:15pm

CMAT – 7:30pm

Hamish Hawk – 5:45pm

James Righton – 4:30pm

H. Hawkline – 2:00pm

Mickey Callisto – 1:00pm

Our Recommendation:

As the ‘main stage’ of the festival, even just sticking around here all day would be a good idea. However, if we had to narrow it down, we would definitely recommend seeing Hamish Hawk. The Edinburgh-based artist is coming straight off the back of the release of his second album Angel Numbers, and he is definitely one of the most talented individuals in the current British indie scene. Boasting an incredible voice, Hawk is very reminiscent of acts like Neil Hannon and Sheffield’s very own Jarvis Cocker.

The Purity Stage

Where?:

At Yellow Arch Studios.

Who’s Playing?:

Panic Shack – 9:30pm

Do Nothing – 8:00pm

The Goa Express – 6:45pm

Keg – 5:30pm

Melin Melyn – 4:00pm

Butch Kassidy – 2:45pm

MF Tomlinson – 1:30pm

Our Recommendation:

Nottingham-based Do Nothing are one of the best new bands in the British post-punk band, and they are certainly only going to get bigger. With their debut album out 30th June, you should definitely go see them if you can. Having recently played an incredible, sold-out show at Sidney&Matilda, hosted by the Music Culture Society, to have them again in Sheffield so soon will make for an incredibly experience.

Do Nothing recently played in Sheffield, at a hugely successful sell-out show at Sidney&Matilda, hosted by the Music Culture Society (Photo Credit: Rebekah Patterson)

The Antiques Emporium

Where?:

At Yellow Arch Studios.

Who’s Playing?:

Coach Party – 9:45pm

Prima Queen – 8:30pm

Fat Dog – 7:15pm

Heartworms – 6:00pm

Tapir! – 4:45pm

The Joy Hotel – 3:30pm

Porchlight – 2:15pm

Our Recommendation:

Isle of Wight-based Coach Party will definitely bring a fun, quirky, punk vibe to the festival. Combining indie pop with raucous punk, the band are continually demonstrating themselves to be one of the best up-and-coming acts in the country, and definitely should not be missed.

The Heist Stage

Where?:

At Heist Brewery, up the road from Cutlery Works.

Who’s Playing?:

O. – 9:15pm

Hallan – 8:00pm

Divorce – 6:45pm

Pushpin – 5:30pm

Luxury Goods – 4:30pm

Trout – 3:30pm

Our Recommendation:

Sheffield-based band Luxury Goods will be offering an anthemic alt-pop performance at the festival. Having recently played Tramlines in 2022, the band have clearly proven their festival-mettle, and I am really looking forward to their performance.

Let’s Play Darts Stage

Where?:

At Neepsend Social Club.

Who’s Playing?:

Pale Blue eyes – 9:45pm

Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers – 8:30pm

Soup! – 7:30pm

Seraphina Simone – 6:30pm

Preen – 5:30pm

Drastic//Automatic – 4:30pm

Cathy Jain – 3:30pm

Our Recommendation:

Local favourites Drastic//Automatic are one of the best, and easily the most unique, bands coming out of Sheffield at the moment. Their intense, hardcore sound makes for one of the best live experiences you will get in Sheffield, and their recent gigs at Sidney&Matilda have definitely been some of, if not the most fun I have had at live shows. Honestly, if you could only see one artist at Get Together, I implore you to see Drastic//Automatic. I can assure you it will be one of the best performances you will have seen.

We highly recommend you watch Drastic//Automatic, who will be played at Neepsend Social Club at 4:30pm

Sly Dog Stage

Where?:

At the Alder Bar.

Who’s Playing?:

Eyes of Others – 10:30pm

Sister Wives – 9:30pm

Strabe – 8:30pm

Spielmann – 7:30pm

Revival Season – 6:30pm

Kai Bosch – 5:30pm

Ziyad Al-Samman – 4:30pm

The Underground Sound Society – 3:30pm

Our Recommendation:

Sister Wives are one of the more unique bands currently operating in Sheffield; combining post-punk, psychedelica and British folk, along with the Welsh language, to create some of the best and most interesting music we’ve heard recently. The manage to create this mythological, almost Arthurian punk sound. Having seen the band at the Float Along Festival, they are definitely one of the most talented bands I have ever seen live, and they will definitely be a highlight of the festival.

As well as all this live music, Get Together 2023 will also see a selection of Smooth Booth DJs on in Church from 9pm, as well as a BBQ party at Piña. Each venue will also see different breweries take over the taps, including the likes of Purity, Stone, Three Legs, Deya, and Verdant.

Festival-goers at Get Together will be able to collect their wristbands from Peddler Warehouse from 1pm, and from there you will be able to move freely between each venue.

There are still some secret sets yet to be announced, including some pop-up performances at the Spinning Discs shop at Grafters, with Get Together set to reveal more information about these performances soon.

You can find tickets for the festival here, and more information about the festival can be found on the Get Together Instagram.

Fire Service called to Drama Studio as smoke reported

Both South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue and South Yorkshire Police have been called to the University of Sheffield Drama Studio on Shearwood Road this...

Pro-Palestine protesters camp outside SU following demonstrations in US universities

Dozens of students and staff members have erected encampment outside the Students’ Union building since May 1 to show solidarity with Palestinians, in the...

Book Review: Wicked – The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West ~ Gregory Maguire

With the splash of the water bucket, the Wicked Witch of the West melted in a shrieking mess in front of Dorothy, aghast at...

Sounds of unity: collaborative open mic night brings together musicians and students

On the 13th March, the Music Department Society and Octagon Records, two University of Sheffield societies, brought together their audiences for a big open...

Touring Production Review: The 39 Steps

When you go to the theatre you never expect what you see to be totally realistic, yet, usually, the characters on stage don’t seem...

University baseball club to hold charity match against Goodwin staff

University of Sheffield’s baseball club will face off against staff from Sport & Physical Activity in their first ever charity match.  The team, affectionately known...

Interview: Cluedo 2’s Ellie Leach and Jason Durr with director Mark Bell

For Strictly Come Dancing champion and former Coronation Street actress Ellie Leach and ex Heartbeat and Casualty actor Jason Durr, the chance to play...