A student guide to finding the best Christmas gift bargains

With the festive season upon us, I’m sure many of you are starting to think about all those Christmas presents you need to buy and how you’re going to afford them. Here is a handy list of shops (online and in-person) that offer student discounts and a variety of gift options for every budget.

Top Tip: Make sure you’re signed up to the UNiDAYS and Student Beans apps if you’re not already, and always have your student card on you for good measure. Some shops may ask for a UNiDAYS or Student Beans ID so double check your accounts are verified and up to date.

Cardzone (Meadowhall) offers an all year round 10% student discount so it’s a great place to get started on your Christmas cards.

Urban Outfitters offer a 10% student discount both online and in-store (the nearest branch being Meadowhall) and has a great home and gift section with lots of quirky and unique options in addition to its classic vintage fashion brands such as BDG and iets frans.

ASOS offers a 10% student discount which you can access through either the UNiDAYS or Student Beans apps. This online fashion retailer offers a variety of brands including the likes of Nike, collusion, motel rocks, converse and many more! In addition to this, they also have a handy gift section with a variety of stocking fillers.

Boots: Be sure to sign up for a Boots advantage card as you will receive a 10% student discount in addition to a range of useful vouchers, points and offers. All you need to do is link your advantage card to a valid Student Beans ID. Boots has a great Christmas shop with a variety of crowd pleasing gift sets for every budget. Also keep an eye out for their half price and 3 for 2 offers at this time of year. 

Look Fantastic is an online hair and beauty retailer that offers several student discounts all year round accessible on both UNiDAYS and Student Beans. With over 660 brands on offer from Benefit to Olaplex, there is something for everyone. 

Beauty Bay is an online beauty retailer offering a 10% student discount all year round through Student Beans as well as a variety of seasonal offers limited to students. Just a few of their brands include BaByliss, Bondi Sands, Clinique and NYX. 

Debenhams: Despite its closing in 2021, Debenhams still continues to trade online. Their Christmas gift section remains wide and varied including different food and drinks sets from hot sauces to coffee as well as a range of hampers, games and much more. You can access several student discount codes through Student Beans. 

Good luck!

Book Review: Babycakes ~ Armistead Maupin

A sailor walks into a bar, meets a reporter and says he’s defected. Don’t wait for a punchline, because this is no laughing matter....

Dance Society named Society of the Year

The University of Sheffield Dance Society has been crowned as Society of the 2023/24 academic year at the annual Activities Awards, which took place...

BAME Students Part Time Officer questioned over lack of work since taking over role

Criticism has been raised over Part Time BAME Students Officer Ahmad Waris’ perceived lack of work since his time in office.  Speaking to Forge Press...

Opinion: Should centre stage be a place for protest?

Theatres have long been places of public expression and discourse, and never has this been clearer than it is now. Lots of new plays...

Strange Horticulture Review: A plant puzzle game that channels your inner Sherlock

Welcome to Strange Horticulture, an eerie plant shop nestled somewhere in Undermere that you inherited from your recently deceased uncle. Your mission? Save the...

To what extent should your boss be dictating your style at work?

Work. Love or hate it; enjoy or despise it, having a job and earning money is a fundamental part of living which...

How student loans and the economic crisis have pushed students to pick up part-time jobs

Rising living costs and personal financial difficulties have been plaguing people across the UK in recent months. Those who were already struggling have been...