Emily Duff (she/they)" />

Dressing the Part for Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and whether you’re planning a cosy movie night at home, a homemade meal, a romantic dinner out, or a more adventurous activity like mini-golf or go-karting, the perfect outfit can set the mood for your special day. Here’s a style guide to help you look and feel your best for each occasion:

Movie Night at Home

Embrace the comfort of a movie night in with cute pyjamas, especially those with fluffy bottoms for that extra touch of drama. Consider matching PJs with your boyfriend for a delightful and coordinated look.

Homemade Meal

If you’re whipping up a homemade meal, opt for a comfortable yet elegant dress. Choose something loose and flowy to move around effortlessly. For a daring twist, a cute night dress could add a touch of romance to your intimate evening.

Going Out for Food (and Cocktails)

For a night out at a restaurant, go for something fancy. Stick to red and black colours for a hint of mystery but make sure to make yourself feel confident. Remember, it’s all about embracing your style and enjoying the moment.

Cinema Date

A cinema date calls for comfort. Consider matching hoodies for a cute and coordinated look. Don’t forget to pack your cosiest blanket to cuddle up for hours of distraction-free movie time.

Mini-Golf, Go-Karting and other Activities

If your Valentine’s Day plans involve more physical activities like mini-golf or go-karting, opt for pants that are both feminine and functional. Skorts can strike the perfect balance, allowing you to look cute while maintaining your modesty during the adventure.

Remember, the key is to choose outfits that reflect your style and make you feel confident. Whether you’re keeping it cosy at home or embarking on a more adventurous date, dressing thoughtfully can add an extra layer of fun and excitement to your Valentine’s Day celebration.

Fire Service called to Drama Studio as smoke reported

Both South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue and South Yorkshire Police have been called to the University of Sheffield Drama Studio on Shearwood Road this...

Pro-Palestine protesters camp outside SU following demonstrations in US universities

Dozens of students and staff members have erected encampment outside the Students’ Union building since May 1 to show solidarity with Palestinians, in the...

Book Review: Wicked – The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West ~ Gregory Maguire

With the splash of the water bucket, the Wicked Witch of the West melted in a shrieking mess in front of Dorothy, aghast at...

Sounds of unity: collaborative open mic night brings together musicians and students

On the 13th March, the Music Department Society and Octagon Records, two University of Sheffield societies, brought together their audiences for a big open...

Touring Production Review: The 39 Steps

When you go to the theatre you never expect what you see to be totally realistic, yet, usually, the characters on stage don’t seem...

University baseball club to hold charity match against Goodwin staff

University of Sheffield’s baseball club will face off against staff from Sport & Physical Activity in their first ever charity match.  The team, affectionately known...

Interview: Cluedo 2’s Ellie Leach and Jason Durr with director Mark Bell

For Strictly Come Dancing champion and former Coronation Street actress Ellie Leach and ex Heartbeat and Casualty actor Jason Durr, the chance to play...