Keisha Myers" />

Sheffield Hidden Gems

As a Sheffield native, I find that time and time again students that are not from the area end up going to the same places, and miss out on some of the absolute gems that Sheffield has to offer. Once most of you move into your second year house, you will spend the rest of your evenings in the Fox and Duck and every meal out with a Notty House pie until the day you graduate. I am here to tell you that Sheffield has so much more to offer than this, and you do not want to miss any of it. 

The Foresters 

The much-loved Gatsby on Division Street has closed its doors and returned to its former name ‘The Foresters’. A place rooted in history, so much that it being the place where my father firmly believes he invented the ‘tactical chunder’ in the early 90’s, it has gone from strength to strength and returning to its former name is a masterful stroke. The Foresters first opened in 1828, and was much loved for years before being replaced by the Gatsby; consider a piece of Sheffield history restored. Whether you’re after a pint of Guinness and a nice Sunday lunch, or oysters and cocktails, or even a late night dance, this versatile pub at the heart of Division Street has everything you could need. 

Gameshow All-Stars

Getting mid-semester blues? This time in the semester is when we all start to get a bit moody and struggle to have fun, but Gameshow All-Stars could be your saving grace for those squabbles you and your housemates are having. With games inspired by Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Countdown and Higher or Lower, this will blow those cobwebs off and let you have a much needed break from studying. Also, if you’re anything like me, this is the perfect opportunity to show your housemates that you are the smartest and the best at everything. (Top Tip: Get the loser to do a shot of the winners’ choosing after all of the games just for that added jeopardy!)

Kelham Island

All of us locals absolutely adore Kelham Island, but often it seems that it is underappreciated by the students of Sheffield. Kelham Island has everything you could ever want all in one place and it keeps growing and getting better as the years go on and has so much to offer!

Factory Floor

From the people behind Peddler Market, Factory Floor opened in 2023 and has already become a favourite. Their trademark ‘drips’ allow you to watch your choice of liquor being dripped into any flavouring you want. With loads to choose from, they even make their own mixers in-house, meaning it’s an experience like no other. Any STEM student will be all too at home with the interior, too, designed like a rustic laboratory – but don’t worry, you don’t have to be up at 9am!

Kelham Deli and Kitchen

Could we even consider Kelham Island as Sheffield’s trendiest neighbourhood if it wasn’t home to a lovely little deli? With their incredibly friendly team ready to give you a warm welcome, paired with their gorgeous pastries and sandwiches and the green outdoor seating, there simply is nothing you could want in a deli that it does not do. It’s time to ditch the Tesco meal deal and get some real food from a great, local small business. 

Church – Temple of Fun

Temple of Fun is a 100% vegan bar and restaurant from Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes. The decor immediately draws you in with religious statues, PS4’s, arcade machines, a pool table, and their iconic photo booth. It is a huge venue which boasts a balcony terrace overlooking the River Don, an absolutely stunning spot for when the weather gets nicer, as well as being a 220 capacity live music venue. The range of food in particular is incredible and it is great to see a vegan restaurant be able to offer such a diverse assortment of options

Sheffield Eagles thrash Barrow Raiders in mighty performance

The Sheffield Eagles continue to fly high in the RFL Championship after their comprehensive 54-0 victory over Barrow Raiders at the Olympic Legacy Park...

Sheffield Wednesday increase Championship survival hopes with West Brom win

Sheffield Wednesday took a huge step towards Championship survival as they beat play-off chasing West Bromwich Albion 3-0 on a memorable afternoon at a...

USLES unveils Chosen Ones Cast and Crew

The University of Sheffield Light Entertainment Society (USLES) have announced their full cast and crew ahead of the first showing of original musical Chosen...

Festival of Debate Review: Divided Isles: Solomon Islands and the China Switch

There’s always a section in the world news dedicated to China, and more recently, the interaction between China and Taiwan. But what’s it like...

DragSoc announces End of Year Extravaganza

The University of Sheffield’s Drag Society (DragSoc) have revealed their final showcase of the academic year, with tickets already on sale for eager audience...

Steel City Sirens Review: Moulin Rouge Masquerade Ball

The Moulin Rouge has been home to a range of mysterious, sensual performances in its past, but never has it been graced by the...

SUPAS Review: Made in Dagenham

We've all become accustomed to industrial action in all sectors of our society, many striking for better pay. But what happens when that pay...